We let the kids carve their pumpkins tonight. The pumpkins are our own home-grown products! Dave had them use washable markers to draw the kind of face they wanted to make on their pumpkin. Then he helped them to carve it. We also made cookies and let the kids frost and decorate them. Abigail dumped A LOT of sprinkles on her cookies. Cody did a pretty good job of using moderation on his. I now know why my own mother never carved a pumpin of her own when we were kids. She didn't have time! Between getting the cookies cooked and ready and trying to help the kids with their pumpkins and get some of these good memories on film, my pumpkin didn't get done until after the kids were done with everything.
The order of pumpkins is as follows...
Abi's, Daddy's, Mommy's and Cody's. We sure love this fun tradition!

4 comments:
I am still smiling and chuckling about that cute pumpkin right in the middle!
Joshua loved seeing the pumpkins and your pictures make me smile! It is hard to just let the kids decorate cookies however they want and not step in to take over so there is less mess. Love the cookies!
I love the kaitlyn pumpkin!
What fun memories you & Dave are making with your family! I had so much fun doing these types of things with all of my kids when they were little too.
Post a Comment