Wednesday, September 1, 2010

School


Here is Cody back from his first day at Kindergarden. He said he had fun, but I'm having a hard time getting him to tell me what he did today. I started guessing what they might have done and so far he has said he colored and cut out a school bus and painted a snake. He built something out of blocks with Isiaac Green (a friend from church who apparently sits next to him in class).
When he got in the van he asked me why they didn't get to play on the playground today and if I missed him while he was at school. I told him I didn't know why they didn't get to play outside and yes, I missed him while he was at school. Then he wanted to know why I didn't miss him when he was at preschool last year. So I told him I did miss him then too. Apparently he is satisfied with his day because he is playing as usual with Abi right now!

2 comments:

Claudette Burt said...

He is like his dad :) I usually got more information out of him when I asked, "did you have any happys or sads today?" You will have a flashback of this day when you see him in his highschool graduation cap and gown. I feel like bawling and I'm only the grandma!

Kristen said...

Sean has never been much of a talker about school either. I ask what his favorite thing was and if anyone got in trouble. He likes to tell me that one. Now that he is in first grade he only can remember who he sat by at lunch and what they ate.