Grandma Heather and Grandpa Scott and Uncle Jacob came over for a barbeque in the evening. Dave cooked too much meat (for which I'm grateful because I don't have to make dinner tonight!) and then we shot off a few small fireworks. Cody did hold one sparkler rather carefully. I think he was pretty scared of it, but he did it! Dave tried to get Abigail to do one and she ran away as fast as she could to Grandma Heather's arms.
Dave and Jacob played a game of bocce (I'll let them reveal the score if they so choose). And the rest of us took turns pushing the kids on the swings (where they would stay all day if we kept pushing them).
Cody and Abigail got their first taste of real fireworks on Friday when we took them to the Poulsbo fireworks show. Cody was pretty tired by the time they started, but he did stay awake to watch them and seemed to like it. Abigail alternated between saying "Look at that big one!" and "I don't like it!" Some of them were just too loud for her liking.

Abigail drawing with chalk while waiting for the parade to begin.
Abigail and Daddy waiting for the fireworks to start.

Cody trying out a sparkler.
Abigail running to Grandma Heather to escape the sparklers.


No comments:
Post a Comment