Friday, November 1, 2013

Happy Halloween!

 This year for Halloween I tried to get my kids to choose easy costumes so I wouldn't have to slave for a whole month making them.  Kaitlyn decided she would be a clown, Cody a ninja and Eleanor wore our frog costume.  Abi kept changing her mind.  First she wanted to be a vampire, then a tiger, finally she settled on strawberry shortcake.  We went to Trunk-or-treat at the church and had a good time.  The weather even cooperated by not raining and not really even being cold.

Cody even got to have a spiritual experience this year.  His ninja costume had two long swords and two dagger type swords in a plastic holder on his back.  At the end of the night I noticed that his two daggers were missing.  He and I walked all over the parking lot looking for them with no luck.  My thought was that another child had pulled them out without Cody noticing.  As we were climbing in the van to leave I had the thought to look in the field (Dave had taken the kids through the field to the Lee's home to trick or treat).  So, Dave took flashlight and went looking and found them!  On the drive home we were talking about how much candy the kids got etc. and Cody said, "I had my prayer answered."  Since my mind was still going on conversation about how much candy they got, I laughingly said, "Oh, what did you pray for?"  He replied, "To get my swords back."  I was so happy that he thought to do that and that his prayer was answered.  He even remembered by himself to thank Heavenly Father in his evening prayer!  Proud mom moment!!!  It is nice to have validations that your kids do actually pay attention to what you tell them :)

Clown Kaitlyn

 Froggy Eleanor with Daddy

 Ninja Cody

Strawberry Shortcake Abi

Our decorated van

We carved pumpkins for FHE on Monday night.  Here are the kids with their pumpkins.


(Kaitlyn fell asleep after all that excitement)




2 comments:

Claudette Burt said...

So pleased with Cody's faith. So glad the Spirit put the thought in his mommy's head to look in the field. So glad his mommy listened so that Cody's prayer could be answered and his faith strengthened.

Unknown said...

our halloween was cold and rainy. but, we still stayed at the church for trunk or treat for 30 minutes until we were frozen. glad you guys had lots of fun!