Saturday, November 9, 2013

Abi's birthday

 Abi had a very successful 7th birthday.  She got to have two parties.  One for family on her birthday and one with friends the next day.  She had asked for a scooter and she got one with wheels that light up when she rides!

 When I asked her what she wanted for her cake this year she said, "a penguin on a block of ice."  I'm not sure what made her ask for that but I said I thought I could handle that.  I actually found a pattern on pinterest that was fairly easy.  Then I made "ice cubes" from blue jello.  I forgot to get the jello out during the party though and I think Abi forgot about that part of her request because she never brought it up. 

Her cake was almost a casualty of the three year olds the day before.  I had just finished frosting it when I had to go change the baby's diaper upstairs.  I left Kaitlyn and Logan in the living room watching a cartoon.  I heard them running around while I was upstairs, but didn't think anything about it until I came down and saw finger marks all over the bottom half of the cake.  Thankfully it was easily repaired!

             





I'm really grateful that the friend party went off well because a few hours later we would head to the hospital with Eleanor, but I'll save that for another post....

1 comment:

Claudette Burt said...

Love that bundle of joy!