Last week was our pine wood derby race for cub scouts. Cody designed his car and Dave cut it out for him. Cody painted it and put the stickers on. It was fun watching these boys racing their cars. They were all good sports and did a great job of cheering each other on. Cody even won second place!
Dave and the three older kids went with Nathaniel's family to Fort Flaggler last Friday. The baby and I stayed home as she is STILL SICK! She has had a runny nose/cough for at least the past six weeks and being outside seems to make it worse. Anyway, the rest of the gang had fun playing at the beach and checking out the bunkers.
Kaitlyn's 3rd birthday happened to fall on Easter this year. She wanted a kitty cake. I made a carrot cake and used goats milk butter and rice milk to make the frosting so I could eat some too. Everyone ate it without complaint, so I don't think it was noticeable that it was a little different.
Easter morning. The kids humored me and let me take a few pictures.
Later on we had my mom and dad as well as my brother Jacob (who came up from California to visit) come over for dinner. I can't believe how tall Jacob has gotten, and look, he's SMILING! Either the move to Ca was really good for him or he has just grown up a lot because there was a HUGE difference from when I last saw him.
Ellie has started reaching out for things in the past week. She fell asleep holding onto the toy hanging down and never let go the whole time she was asleep.
We went to Lion's Park with Laurie Beth and her boys. They all had lots of fun playing together.
I've been trying out making stuff with "natural yeast" instead of the store bought kind. Basically it is just a sourdough starter of fermented flour and water. I tried making pancakes with it yesterday. It tasted just like sourdough bread. We put put jam on them and rolled them up like a crepe. I thought they were pretty good, but my kids were not impressed.
We also went to Battle Point Park yesterday and played for over two hours. It was a beautiful day! Today the rain is back though. We will be heading off to the Naval Undersea Museum with the cub scouts this morning. Hopefully the kids will find it interesting and not just run wild through the exhibit!


2 comments:
wow, he is so tall! I remember when he was as tall as me(which you know is NOT tall). Your girls are so beautiful in their Easter outfits!
Your girls are so beautiful in their Easter dresses! And Cody is so handsome! Kiss them a ba-zillion times for me :)
Post a Comment