Saturday, January 5, 2013

One month old


The time has gone by quickly in some ways and so slow in others.  Eleanor is one month old today!  About two and a half weeks ago she started having colic problems.  It took about a week for me to figure out it was the chocolate I was eating.  After I quit eating it, she became much happier!  Then we had another night of fussiness and it turns out that I will not be able to eat broccoli for a while either.  I will miss chocolate, but it is very worth giving up for now rather than being up until 3am with a fussy baby.

Ellie is becoming more alert.  She smiles in her sleep all the time.  I can't wait for her to smile at us when she is awake too.  All the kids love her, especially Kaitlyn.  She tries to help with everything.  She likes to help take off the diaper during changes and tries to help me dress/undress her.  Sometimes I have to say "No" which usually ends up with a crying Kailtyn crumpled up on the floor, but she usually gets over it quickly.  We are so thankful for these sweet little spirits that Heavenly Father has sent to our family!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm glad that the colic is getting better, even if it means giving up chocolate! She is sure cute!

Claudette Burt said...

I'm having some serious Déjà vu watching Ellie grow up over the internet just like I did Kaitlyn, Gage, Logan, Mary and Hyrum :( Thankfully there IS internet or it would be super hard! Thank you for the pictures!