Friday, January 18, 2013
Six weeks old
This post is especially for Grandma Burt. Ellie is six weeks old! After a visit to the pediatrician, we have discovered that Ellie can't tolerate cows milk right now. It was causing her to have blood in her stools as well as being very cranky! It has been a little over a week since I stopped eating anything dairy (which has been quite a challenge for me) and Ellie's diapers are back to normal and she actually has awake times where she is quietly looking around instead of fussing or screaming. The doctor said that most babies outgrow the milk intolerance by the time they are six month old. I hope that is true because I didn't realize how many things we eat that have some form of dairy in it, mainly cheese. It is worth the sacrifice for a happy baby, but it is definitely making it a challenge to feed myself (I am also supposed to avoid soy right now as 30% of babies are also allergic to soy). Dave tried to make me feel better by telling me I would be able to fit back into my pre-pregnancy clothes a lot sooner. We'll see if that ends up being true.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Oh, thank you SO MUCH! She is adorable. I'm so glad you found out what's been making her cranky. Poor little thing. I've got some feta cheese in my fridge, so hop on over here with Ellie and borrow some. No dairy in that :)
try almond milk on your cereal and goats cheese instead of cow cheese. It is really easy to make your own cheese at home. If you simmer goat milk in a pot until it starts to bubble (not boil) then add vinegar to it the curds with seperate from the whey and after 15 minutes you can scoop out all the curds and wrap them in a cheese cloth and let it sit over night to allow all the excess whey to drain out. Then you can eat it! Rachael Ray had it on her show the other day. You can probably find it online.
And I love how our husbands try so hard to make us feel good about our after baby bodies...
Post a Comment