Today Kaitlyn and I got to go to urgent care. I know...you are all so jealous. I'm sure that's the way everyone wants to spend a Monday afternoon. Anyway, while I was making dinner, Kaitlyn was standing on the bench in our entryway watching the other kids play outside. Then I heard a big THUMP and instant crying. I came running in and blood was coming from both sides of her lower lip (inside and outside). On the outside you could see two teeth holes where it was bleeding. Cody happened to come inside right then so I sent him out to fetch Dave and we decided I'd better take Kaitlyn to the doctor just in case it needed stitches.
As we were walking out the door Cody (without any prompting) said, "Maybe we should say a prayer." I said that was a great idea and told him to say one with Daddy and Abi, which they did. I was really proud of Cody for coming up with that as the best way he could help his little sister. Because it really WAS the best thing he could do!
Right as I pulled into the urgent care parking lot Kaitlyn threw up all over herself and her carseat. I'm not sure if it was from swallowing blood or if she was feeling sick still (she had thrown up the night before). So I stripped her down and wiped up as best I could then took her inside. We had to wait a good 30-40 minutes for our turn and by the time the doctor saw her the bleeding had stopped and she was acting pretty normal. The doctor said she had a "contusion" and that there wasn't really anything for him to do. It would probably just heal on it's own without complications. I'm REALLY glad it didn't need stitches because Kaitlyn would NOT have been still while they sewed her up. Hopefully she won't end up with two little "teeth" mark scars on her chin either!
No comments:
Post a Comment