We stayed in an apartment complex almost across the street from the temple. It was nice for our kids to get to walk around the outside and see the temple every time we walked to the parking lot.
We also got to celebrate the birthdays of two of the kids cousins (Keith and Hyrum). I love being around family and seeing everyone's kids getting bigger. I sometimes wish we had everyone living near us. In fact before I was married, when I first read "The Work and the Glory" series by Gerald N. Lund, I wished that I could have "Steed row." The Grandparents and most of their children and grandchildren all lived on the same street and had weekly family gatherings. The kids got to know their grandparents well and their cousins were their best friends. I think that is awsome and would love it if that dream became a reality!
Anyway, the family reunion provided lots of time for everyone to have fun together. We stayed in Rexburg for a few days visiting with family and friends (yes, we got to see our neighbors who moved to Idaho too) then the Jeff Burt family (all kids, some spouses and most of the grandkids) headed to Bear Lake to enjoy a few more days together. We stayed in one big house in Garden City Utah and on the second day rented a motor boat and hung out at North Beach. It was lots of fun and we decided we would all love to do it again for another family reunion! Hopefully next time everyone will be able to get off work so we can all be together!
Singing happy birthday to Keith
Dave and the kids at Porter Park. Apparently they were having a soda pop party!
Kaitlyn saying hello to baby Andrew.
Keith and Natalie at the splash park in Rexburg.
I'll post some more pictures of us at Bear Lake in another post.
1 comment:
Wonderful post Kristi. I'd love for your dream to come true, too!
Post a Comment