
This is how I found Cody when I came to pick him up from his first day at preschool. He had a fun time and told me all about the car he drew and the apple tree they made. He liked the snack and wanted to know "Why did you come pick me up when we were playing outside?" I told him that it was time for me to get him. He replied, "But I wasn't ready to go!"
It was really strange for me to leave him unattended in a stranger's care. I got a little bit teary-eyed as I drove away, but only for a minute or two. Cody didn't cry at all for which I was very grateful! I think he is going to love his time there and I may be sorry I didn't sign him up for three days a week instead of only two. We will be having preschool with a few friends from church one day a week though and I think he will love that just as much. Abigail will be doing the church friends preschool too, so hopefully she will not feel too left out on the days Cody goes to school. This morning she wanted to go to school too, and it took some convincing on my part so she wouldn't be angry she didn't get to stay. We'll see if she is still so excited when I leave her at the friends preschool. Hopefully she won't mind since she will be with Cody (and it will be at our house once a month too so she'll be with me then). Life is an adventure!
2 comments:
It is a joy to see Cody so happy sitting in his car pumping gas! So glad he had a great experience on his first day. Love, Grandma Burt
I'm glad it's going well! You've done a good job of getting him ready.
Post a Comment