Calista and I took our kids to the slough this morning. As we were sitting talking a bald eagle swoops down over our heads and starts attacking a seagull! After about three pounces it got it! Then we watched it start ripping out the seagulls feathers. A couple of minutes later it picked it up and flew to a different spot and ate it! I had no idea that eagles ate other birds! The picture I took didn't turn out very well because it was so far away, but it is the eagle standing on the seagull. It was pretty amazing to watch and we wished we'd gotten the whole thing on film, but it was just too far off for our zooms to handle. We were just glad it didn't go for one of our kids! Sheesh!

Here are the kids gathered around a bucket they filled with small crabs.
1 comment:
That would have been cool and freaky to watch at the same time! Sheesh is right!
Post a Comment