We welcomed baby Elizabeth to our family September 28th at 4:18pm. She weighed 8 lbs. 14 oz. and was 21.5 inches long. She has been a pretty calm and happy baby so far. I'm really glad since my last child was a really hard baby!
So far everyone except Eleanor is adjusting well. Poor Ellie just ignores the baby except when she cries. Then Eleanor kind of freaks out. If I'm holding Elizabeth when she is crying then Eleanor won't come near me. Yesterday she even threw a fit when Elizabeth had the hiccups. Clearly it is going to take a while to get used to not being the baby anymore.
Sadly for me, the delivery broke my tail bone so I have a long recovery before me. Laurie Beth is lending me a boppy to use to sit on and I have to take it everywhere (even drove with it the other day). Good thing these babies are worth it!
Here are a couple pictures from last Monday when Elizabeth was one week old.
It has been so nice to have Dave at home during this transition. I'm going to be sad when he has to go back to work next week. He has been able to keep Eleanor entertained and help around the house so much as well as take the kids for "dates" so they have some special time with one of us. Hopefully the kids will be cooperative and flexible come next week so we can accomplish homeschooling stuff and get into a good routine!
1 comment:
She is so beautiful! Hopefully Ellie warms us to her soon :)
Post a Comment