Saturday, September 7, 2013

Pre-crawling tricks/Beginning of school

I took a video of Ellie's pre-crawling tricks....
Last school year the school board decided they needed to close a school in order to save money.  As a result they re-did school boundaries.  We went from being in Wolfle Elementary to being in Gordon Elementary.  I'm really grateful that Nathaniel's family lives next door now so that my kids had cousins who would automatically be at Gordon with them.  The new school year started this past week and so far all has gone smoothly.  I even managed to drop my kids off the first day WITHOUT CRYING!!!!  That is a big achievement for me as I generally get really emotional the first day of school.

The other nice thing about going to Gordon is that the bus route is different.  Our kids are close to the last ones picked up and the first ones dropped off making the ride about 5-10 minutes long (of course it has been late these first few days, but hopefully that will change soon).  At Wolfle the bus ride was 30-60 minutes long.  Since we live a 2 minute drive away I wasn't okay with that length of a ride, so I've been driving them the past three years.  So, yay, I get to save on time and gas $$ this year!

I didn't take pictures the first day of school.  I did snap one of Abi's unique fashion style the second day though.  I guess I'll have to take one of Cody next week since I didn't get any of him this week.

She was excited about some new clothes her Aunt Amy passed on to her.  She wanted to wear the skirt, but not have cold legs and this was the result...I guess I need to have some lessons about colors etc., but at the same time it was pretty cute!
 

2 comments:

Claudette Burt said...

I'm so excited to see these cute girls in two days!

Unknown said...

awesome outfit abi :)