Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Zoo

I'm trying to keep the kids well entertained while Dave is gone for two weeks in Boston.  Today we went to the Point Defiance Zoo in Tacoma.  It turned out to be one of the best days for viewing active animals that I have ever had there.  It was cloudy and cool in the morning so maybe they were not feeling so hot and tired.

 The kids got to feed the budgie birds seed sticks.  I love the expression on Kaitlyn's face!




Sitting next to the penguins about half way through our day.

At the aquarium.  I only managed to get 2 out of 3 looking at the camera.

Sitting in the "shark" Abi insisted she wanted to sit ON the teeth!

Rather than pay the regular admission price we decided to get the one year membership which is a lot less expensive if you go to the zoo more than once a year.  So, if you come visit we'll probably want to take you to the zoo!

3 comments:

NBB said...

We'll come visit!! Hopefully!!

Unknown said...

sounds like fun! I wish we had a zoo like that one here. Ours is pretty small and the big cats are always asleep!

Claudette Burt said...

Awesome! Glad you had such a good day!