
Since there were no Grandparents around to hang out with this afternoon and the kids were complaining of boredom within half an hour of Dave's departure (he is in California for a week doing training for work), I took the kids to the Grande Forest on Bainbridge Island to take a family walk around the trails. They thought it was really cool and enjoyed listening to all the sounds and sights of the forest. On the way back to the van I took what I thought was the path back to the parking lot. It turned out it really went directly to the road, but not the parking lot. I wasn't sure which way was the right way to go so I started to go one way and then thought I should turn around. We did and then as we were discussing if we thought we should just go back to the trail Cody said, "I have a good feeling about going this way." So we decided to follow Cody's good feeling and kept going. Pretty soon we came to the parking lot. It provided a great discussion about the Holy Ghost and that Cody had just listened to and followed the prompting of the spirit. I LOVE it when those sorts of teaching moments come and the fact that it was the sabbath just made it that much sweeter. Both Cody and Abi understood what had happened and that we had all made a good choice in listening when Cody said he had a good feeling. I was really grateful that Cody was the one who said it, because he has said to me in the past that he didn't think he had really ever felt the Holy Ghost before. I have been praying that the time would come when he could feel the Spirit and recognize it for what it is. What a wonderful answer to those prayers today! Since Cody will be getting baptized later on this year I'm glad he can have this experience to refer to as he waits to receive the gift of the Holy Ghost so that he can recognize these feelings the next time they come and hopefully learn at an early age to follow the promptings of the Spirit.
3 comments:
What a wonderful experience!
Wow, i am really glad that happened for everyone to learn about. Congratulations by the way!
Just beautiful.
Post a Comment