Thursday, September 8, 2011

First Grade



Here's Cody all ready for his first day of 1st grade. I almost made it through dropping him off without tears, but not quite. There is just something that makes my emotions come out on the first day of school. Although I did better this year than last year (I started crying at the back to school night/open house before school even started)!


The fist day of school was a half day so it was the same as he had in kindergarden last year. Today is his first time in full-day school. Hopefully he doesn't come home too worn out! He is excited to get to learn more things too. We didn't get the teacher we were hoping for, but even though I've heard mixed reviews about her personality, everyone agrees that she gets her kids to learn A LOT over the course of a year. I think it will be a good thing for Cody to have someone push him a little to do his very best.

1 comment:

T. Driaza said...

Too cute! They are growing up before our eyes. It's okay to get teary-eyed. BTW- way to go with staying positive about the teacher. Some of the best teachers are those who are firm. Just volunteer & communicate with her to see her style...I'm sure she'll be fine!