Thursday, June 30, 2011

Zoo

My membership to the Point Defiance Zoo is about to expire so I decided I'd better take the kids a couple more times before it does. We had a good time today (even Cody conceeded that it was fun). We took a friend and her two kids with us which made it even more fun. The animals were really active today. We saw the tigers playing with "toys" and even going into the water a little. The polar bears (who are always sleeping when we go) were swimming and walking around. The wolves were running around and the seals were jumping during their feeding time. When we went into the budgie birds cage we bought seed sticks that you can hold out and they will sit on your stick and eat the seeds. Abi and Cody both had sticks and one bird landed on Abi's head! Fortunately she wasn't afraid or offended. I just helped it off and she kept on feeding the bird that was on her seed stick. I guess it was just too exciting to see all these active animals because I only took a couple of pictures. We'll just have to make mental pictures of our fun zoo day!


1 comment:

Unknown said...

point defiance zoo is really fun! we took the kids last summer and they loved it! I'm glad abi wasn't offended by the bird!