Monday, June 13, 2011

Cody's field trip

Today Cody's kindergarden class went to Salsbury Park/beach for a field trip. My Mom watched Abi and Kaitlyn so I could volunteer. I was kind of worried that we would get rained on, but it was just cloudy while we were on the beach and then when we went to the playground the sun came out! It was really fun to go and see Cody interact with his classmates. I have only gotten to volunteer in the classroom a couple of times this year so it was fun to see the kids and get to know them a little better. There was a naturalist on the beach who had put things in buckets for the kids to touch and look at (crabs, seaweed, gunnels, sea stars). Cody found a lot of tiny crabs and tried to collect them in his hand at once. I think the most he was holding at one time was five. Tomorrow is the last day of school for both Cody and Abi and then SUMMER! Now if the sun would come out and STAY maybe we could do more summer type activities. I suppose I should note that while it has not been as sunny as I would like it has warmed up enough that we don't need jackets anymore most of the time. I'm really looking forward to a little less schedule and a little more fun with my kids and our friends.













3 comments:

Claudette Burt said...

Love those brave hands holding little crabs and the super cute smile showing off a missing tooth.

Unknown said...

I miss the beach!

Kristen said...

I miss the beach and the crabs too!! Thank you because I couldnt remember the name of that beach all day!