Monday, November 22, 2010

Our turn for snow!












The kids finally got their wish to have snow at our house.
It started about 8am and snowed for an hour and a half or so.
Only an inch or less, but they sure had fun playing in it!
I tried taking Cody to school as they did not cancel or delay today. I was fine until I got to highway 104 and started going up the hill. Then the van started slipping around and I wasn't sure we would even make it to the school. This happened to be when it was snowing hardest and the news had said that it was supposed to be worse in the afternoon. So, I turned around and took everyone back home and cancelled everything else we were supposed to do today.
I'm glad I did too because I've heard reports that highway 104 was nearly impassible a little beyond where I turned around due to ice and cars in ditches. So glad I didn't end up in a ditch!
Here's to staying home in the snow!


5 comments:

Kristen said...

Glad you guys were safe!

Claudette Burt said...

Ahhh, the excitment of snow! I'm so glad you turned around and went home to your safe warm house.

Emlizw said...

Sounds like a good thing you turned around.
We close the University I work at due to that storm blowing in. It hit about 3 hours ago and still going strong. I live in downtown so I'm not getting hit has hard as other areas. It is bitter cold outside though.

sharissa said...

wow! no snow in Redding :) throw a snowball for me!

T. Driaza said...

So that is where all our snow came from. We are getting a TON of it now! I LOVE it during the holidays though!