At lunch today Abigail looks over and says "Hi baby!" and starts patting my tummy. It was very cute! That started a whole conversation about how baby's eat when they are inside mommy. I told Cody about the umbillical cord and a belly button and how it all works. He was kind of confused for a while ("But my belly button has skin over it and no food can go in.") but I think we got it all worked out.
I think my body has decided to give up on trying to stay skinny. I'm only eight weeks along, so it's kind of sad that Abigail can look at my tummy and see a big bulge already, but I guess if it helps her feel connected to the baby it's all worth it, right?!
Abigail's next comment was "We be nice to babies." Hopefully she still feels that way when we bring a baby home that doesn't leave! Abi still likes to be held a lot of the time (good thing she's so lightweight!) so I hope she doesn't get jealous when she isn't the baby anymore.
1 comment:
Girls seem to adjust really well, so don't worry! They are lil' mommies! Don't worry about staying skinny, prego bellies are adorable! Just think that & you'll make it!
Post a Comment