Saturday, August 8, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving....early

Last spring Dave decided he wanted to get a turkey to raise for our Thanksgiving Dinner. Well, it got big really fast so he decided to butcher it before his parents leave on their mission. Yesterday, he and Ross (my brother-in-law) butchered it in the back yard. They weighed it and said it was 25 pounds! Personally I think it may have been more because it was HUGE! You'll notice in the picture that the baking bag didn't quite cover the whole thing and it is kind of hanging over the end of the large baking pan. I think we could have fed a small army with this turkey! But it was yummy and gave me an excuse to make stuffing (my favorite part of the feast). So...thank you turkey for giving your life so we could enjoy a yummy meal with our family!


Cody next to the cooked turkey.

1 comment:

T. Driaza said...

Holy cow! I wish I was there to eat! Thanksgiving sounds all so good right now!