Monday, May 25, 2009

Happy Memorial Day!

Cody climbing on the driftwood.
Abigail playing in the sand.

Cody with a stick he found. Seems like there is nothing better than a boy and his stick!


Today we decided to go to Secret Beach to play for a while. It turns out it is not so secret anymore! There were a whole lot of people there, but there's enough beach space that we weren't crowded. It was a very low tide so we had to walk through the kelp to get to the water. The kids didn't really like that squishy kelp on their feet. Abigail refused to walk on it. She either went around or demanded to be carried. We got to stay for about an hour when Cody decided to play on the driftwood. He slipped and got quite a few slivers in his hand (some were deep) and then he was not a happy boy. Since we didn't have anything with us to get the slivers out and Cody was NOT going to be happy until they were out, we packed up and came home. It was fun while it lasted and a gorgeous day!

2 comments:

Shawna said...

You're kids are so cute! I can't believe how fast they've grown up.

T. Driaza said...

Aww poor guy! I hope you got those splinters out. That's the worse! Oh I can't wait for our trip to Florida...just for the beach! I'm glad you guys are close to one at least!