Monday, December 5, 2016

Eleanor's birthday

 We celebrated Eleanor's birthday today! She was excited all day to get to have cake and ice cream. Earlier this week I was asking her what kind of cake she wanted and the conversation went something like this...
"Would you like a doggy cake?"
"No mom."
"Would you like a butterfly cake?"
"No mom."
"Would you like a kitty cake?"
"No mom."

And so last night I was still trying to figure it out when I suddenly remembered seeing someone make a cake with a Barbie doll in it. OF COURSE I should make a Barbie cake (for those who aren't around to witness firsthand, Eleanor watches Barbie EVERYDAY multiple times)!

Eleanor with her Barbie cake (which she immediately stuck her fingers in). 


We decided it would be easier to put candles in one of the cupcakes instead of the Barbie cake.

Twirling her hair and feeling pleased about birthday cake!
Blowing out her candles (she almost got her hair in the flame).

Opening presents
We were also able to skype with G & G who are on the other side of the world serving a mission right now. We feel so blessed to have so many family members living close by and for technology that keeps us connected to those who are far away!











No comments: