Monday, September 1, 2014

End of Summer Adventures

 David, Nathaniel and Grandpa Burt took Cody and Joshua on a two-day backpacking trip to Upper Lena Lake this year.  It sounds like they had a great time despite getting rained on a bit the last day.  I think they were excited to come home and sleep in their nice comfortable beds though!

Cody & David hiking up 

My handsome Cody

David, Cody and Joshua

 Ice cream treats on the way home...I hear they were quadruple scoops!

For Labor Day we joined Nathaniel's family at Zion's Camp for the day.  The sun even came out and the kids and dads went swimming in the lake.  We borrowed a couple of boats and had fun rowing and paddling around the lake.  Abi even lost a tooth while we were out boating!  We played at the playground for a bit then roasted hot dogs and smores over the fire.  We left around 7pm while Nathaniel's family stayed the night in one of the cabins.

Abi hanging on both rope swings.

Cody in the "spider's web"

Eleanor

Eleanor, Cody and Kaitlyn

Kaitlyn decided to give herself a little haircut the night before this.  This is what she looks like after I attempted to fix it.  The bangs are a LOT shorter than I was going for, but four year olds don't sit still and I'm just an amature at haircutting....

Kristi, Cody and Kaitlyn in the paddle boat

Some of Nathaniel's family in the row boat




1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm glad Natalie is past the cut-her-own-hair stage :) Now she is in the cut-my-dolls-and-ponies-hair stage!