To our surprise it started snowing during the adult session of Stake Conference last night. My mom watched the three older kids so Dave and I could attend. We sat out in the foyer to listen since we brought Ellie with us. About 10 minutes into conference Dave said, "It's snowing." Sure enough there was a fine layer of white on the ground! It kept snowing pretty steady until about 11pm. My kids had gone to bed without knowing it was snowing. This morning Cody came running into my room saying, "There's snow out there!" Then we had to convince the kids to eat breakfast so they could go outside and play.
Abi happened to throw up at 5:30 this morning, so the kids and I stayed home while Bishop Burt went to his early meeting and the general session of Stake Conference. The kids have been happily sledding, building snowmen and generally romping around in the snow. I am really glad I didn't have to drive in it again (I did not enjoy driving home in the falling snow last night). And I'm glad that it happened on a weekend when it didn't affect school as I'm really hoping that we can get out of school on our scheduled day without having to use snow days this year.
Abi
Cody
Ellie
Ellie watching Kailtyn play outside.
Kaitlyn
Ellie is pretty good at balancing in place, but doesn't quite have it down well enough for walking yet.
Watch out! Here comes Abi...
I'm glad we got our one day of snow and the kids could have fun playing.

1 comment:
So happy Cody (and all the kids) finally got his snow! Looks like Abi made a miraculous recovery :)
Post a Comment