Saturday, January 4, 2014

Beach trip


 We had big plans to go to Eastern Washington and play in the snow during Christmas break.  However, the weather decided not to cooperate.  It sent the snow to Mom and Dad Burt on the East coast and left us with fairly warm winter weather and no snow here.  So, we switched our plans and went to Pacific Beach instead.  We stayed in a cottage (a.k.a. four bedroom house) that is part of the navy resort.  The beach was windy and a bit cold, but the kids still had fun.  We also got to use the game room, movie theater, and HUGE hot tub.  It was short and sweet as we only stayed one night.  Enough to get out and have fun and short enough that I didn't want to shoot myself by the end of it!

 Joshua, Cody and Jonas playing on a big stump at the edge of the water.

 Ellie and Kristi (and Laurie Beth in the background).

Kaitlyn

Abi in the game room.


Ellie

On our second day at the beach the sun even came out for a little while!
Ellie and Dave.

Kaitlyn had fun playing in the tall dead grass.  She would go "hide" and I would pretend to not be able to find her until she jumped up and said, "Here I am!"



2 comments:

Claudette Burt said...

I had to laugh when I read, It was "Enough to get out and have fun and short enough that I didn't want to shoot myself by the end of it!" I so remember those times! You are creating wonderful memories for your children. Thanks for the blog update!

Unknown said...

wish we could play at the beach in the winter!