Because of Stake Conference last Sunday, we had Eleanor blessed today. She wore the same dress as my other girls (and the same dress I was blessed in). She also wore the sweater that her Aunt Laurie Beth made for her. Grandma Heather and Grandpa Scott were able to come to church and be there for the blessing. It was nice to have them there as well as Nathaniel and his family of course.
I was trying to remember what was said in the blessing to jot down after word, but could only remember a few things. Then as I was walking out of the chapel another lady came up to me and said she had written everything down for me. Mostly it was the typical good health and a testimony etc. One part stood out to me though as David said something like "we bless you with optimism and a positive outlook." I think that is something she (and the rest of us) will need as we draw ever closer to the last days and the Millennium and evil becomes more prevalent. We will need to be positive and look and the bright side and recognize the good things too.
Dave isn't in any pictures because he was already at church for his early morning meetings. We feel so blessed to have all four of our children here on earth with us! Heavenly Father has sent us some truly wonderful spirits to be stewards over.


2 comments:
I am happy and sad at the same time. So happy for that healthy new baby girl to be blessed today and raised by wonderful parents. And of course, sad that I couldn't be there. But, all is well. The "sad" is part of our gift to the Lord for ALL He had done for us. Give those darling children a kiss from their grandma. I'll go wipe my eyes now.
that blessing outfit is so adorable! I can't wait to have Derrick blessed too!
Post a Comment