Abigail celebrated her sixth birthday on Thursday! I can't believe how big she is getting. It just doesn't seem like that many years ago that I woke up after taking Cody to Trunk-or-Treat having contractions, but time goes by fast and here we are six years later. We had a little family party on Thursday. Abi wanted strawberry cupcakes for this party. We had Grandma and Grandpa Burt, Nathaniel and family, and Grandma Heather and Grandpa Scott come over to help us celebrate.
On Saturday we had Abi's friend party. She invited her Burt cousins, and three friends from her primary class. We played lots of games and broke open a cupcake pinata. This year instead of just filling it with candy I made a goodie bag for each kid and put it inside. That way everyone had the same amount of stuff and I only put one piece of candy inside to try and keep the sugar overload to a minimum (one of the disadvantages of a birthday the day after Halloween). It was fun and the kids did really well at following instructions and taking turns so I ended up being not too worn out afterword.
Here is the unicorn cake which actually turned out a lot better than I thought it would since I was just doing a trial and error approach to figuring out how to make that shape in the first place. The kids loved it and Abi was fully satisfied!
Happy birthday to my beautiful, smart, sometimes crazy six year old!


3 comments:
Abi is a total delight! So glad she's in our family! Great unicorn cake!
Great job on the cake!
that is an awesome cate! fruit rolls ups? My kids wish they lived next door to you guys like all of the other cousins! they sure love abi and cody!
Post a Comment