We drove all day Sunday to make it to Anaheim where Dave went to his training Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. While he was working the kids and I went to parks, walked the garden walk (a nice shopping area near Disneyland) and hung out at the hotel. I forgot to mention that we brought the stomach flu with us. Cody was sick the morning we left home and by that afternoon Abigail had it too. By Monday I was feeling poorly. It was not fun cleaning up throw-up while on vacation, but we survived and by Wednesday everyone was feeling pretty good again. Which was wonderful because on Thursday we went to Disneyland!
My Aunt Shawn and cousin Erik joined us. They don't live too far away and have a season pass. Erik has a disability pass which allows him to cut to the front of the lines and he can bring up to six people with him! So, we got to get on all the rides really fast (usually a max of 10 minutes waiting rather than an hour or more). Which meant that we pretty much got to go on ALL the rides there in the nine hours we spent at the park. It was AWSOME! And most of the rides there are mild enough that we could take the baby on them with us so no one had to stand around with her while everyone else was going on a ride (except when she was sleeping in the stroller). Now I've been spoiled and I don't think I could do Disneyland again without going with my cousin and his special pass :)
We took two days to drive back home and no one threw up this time. YAY! Kaitlyn was an excellent car traveller and only really cried when she was hungry. Hopefully our next car trip to Utah in August will go as well!
Abi and Cody at a park in Anaheim.

3 comments:
Wonderful photos! Special memories!
I want to go to the beach!
it was so great to see you guys at Whiskeytown! glad you had a great vacation, love the pics!!!
Post a Comment