Monday, June 15, 2009

Job Chart

I've been thinking for a while that we need to get our kids to do some jobs around the house on a more regular basis. But I wasn't sure what the best way to start was. Yesterday Dave was going through a box of stuff that his Mom gave him (containing his scrapbooks, trophies....). Inside he found his old job chart. He showed it to Cody who thought that was the coolest thing ever.

So, for Family Home Evening tonight we made job charts for Cody and Abigail. They get to put smiley face stickers on the chart for the jobs they complete everyday. Cody is very excited to be a big boy and have his own jobs (hopefully his enthusiasm will last a long time)!

It will be a good reminder for me too that even though it is much faster for me to do things myself I need to teach my children to be responsible. And eventually they should be able to do their jobs without parental supervision!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm really looking forward to the day when I can assign bathroom cleaning duties to my kids :)

1 comment:

T. Driaza said...

Way to go Kristi! It's so important to start when their young too. It may not get down as fast or as good as you want...but it is really teaching them so much! Way to go Mom!