We decided to take the kids to the rides at Viking Fest this year. It was a little rainy when we first arrived, but not too bad. The first ride Abi and Kaitlyn went on was a small roller-coaster type of ride. It was kind of funny watching Kaitlyn's face as she went from terrified to laughing to terrified to smiling....After an hour or so of rides we were out of tickets. Both girls were in tears briefly, but soon recovered with the promise of treats from the vendors. We bought some baked popcorn (it is soft and doesn't have any pieces that get stuck in your teeth). It is caramel popcorn and I cheated and ate one piece. It was SO good! Hopefully ONE piece doesn't bother Ellie too much. The kids had asked for cotton candy as well so we headed off to find some. We ended up trying some potato chips that come in really long strips all connected (like when you use an apple corer/peeler). They were pretty good, although I wished I could have eaten the whole bag of popcorn instead! As we were driving home Dave and I were talking about the day and he said, "I hope that was worth the $100.00 investment!" I think it was. And thankfully it only happens once a year so our wallets don't get too thin.
Ellie chillin' in her stroller
Kaitlyn
Abi
Cody
I may try to upload the bumper car video later, but I have to go start dinner now.
1 comment:
Fun times - good memories! Looking forward to the bumper car video :)
Post a Comment