Last night Abigail was being kind of cranky so I suggested she go have a bath (she loves taking baths). Meanwhile, I was very busy trying to do things in the kitchen. So, I put her upstairs in the bathtub and then came downstairs to work. I kept checking on her about every five minutes or so. After about ten minutes she had started to dump water on the floor. I mopped it up and told her the water stayed in the bathtub.
Five minutes later I started hearing this dripping noise downstairs. I hurried upstairs and she had totally flooded the bathroom floor with her bathwater! There was at least an inch of water on the floor! I called Dave in and we quickly threw towels down to soak it up.
Then when I went downstairs I heard more dripping and water was dripping down from one of the light fixtures onto the wood floor in the dining room. Since the piano is right there I used my strong muscles (ha..ha..) to move it over a little and put down a towel and bowl to catch the drip.
So...lessons learned....don't leave Abigail alone in the bathtub anymore!
1 comment:
I think drains on bathroom floors should be standard, I think we'll do that in our next house (assuming we have a next house some day).
Post a Comment