Tuesday, January 13, 2009

My world is ending

Life as I know it is ending! Abigail has figured out how to climb out of her crib! Last night it took us two hours of putting her back in bed before she finally stayed. So, instead of going to bed at 8pm she went to bed at 10pm (my bedtime). I figured that she would sleep in a bit this morning, but she woke up at 6:30! When I heard her I thought "I'll wait to get her until she is fussing" then about 10 minutes later I heard a door open and thought it must be Cody. However, Cody usually comes into my room to tell me he's awake and no one came in. So, I got up and went downstairs and there is Abigail standing in the middle of the living room holding her favorite blanky. I knew this would happen eventually, but I was hoping to keep her crib-bound for at least a few more months. I just hope we don't have a repeat of last night's two hour bed time routine!

2 comments:

wagstaffers said...

Hi Kristi, I really like that you've started a blog, I love your cute family.

Anonymous said...

She's pretty good if she can get out without getting hurt. When Tucker was 2 1/2 we decided it was time for a toddler bed since he would just roll his body over the top rail of the crib and would usually get hurting falling to the floor. But of course that wouldn't stop him. But it is hard when they can open the door and get out. Our solution was to put the door nob covers on the inside of the bedroom so he couldn't get out. But once he figured out how to pull those off, we had to put on eye-latch lock on the outside. Some may say cruel, but we say genius! Of course once he fell asleep we would unlock it so it wasn't a fire hazard.